Monday, August 21, 2017

New York Police Department Video: 'Blue Racism'


This video was published on YouTube on August 20, 2017. 

The following statement was issued by Ed Mullins, President, NYPD Sergeants Benevolent Association.

Dear Fellow NYPD Sergeant,

As you know, our city, state and nation are under severe breaking points. Never in my lifetime have I witnessed such division of all people and, yes, this division is now impacting even the members of law enforcement. I find great difficulty in believing we have lost our way.

I have had the benefit of speaking with many members of law enforcement across the nation and I can assure you the honest and well-intended members of our profession want to serve all our citizens to the best of our abilities. However, we too have become the targets of racism: Blue Racism. All racism simply has to stop!

Believe it or not, the overall silent majority of the American public does support the members of law enforcement. I believe in the absence of leadership, it is us... law enforcement who can hopefully help heal the divide that we are all facing in our nation.

Please review and share this video with everyone you know.  

No comments: